If we review all the files that we have stored on our computer, it is very likely that a large percentage of them photographs.
Is that today there are many photos that we take almost daily with our phones and that later end up stored on the computer’s hard drive.
With all these photos, we have indeed thought on some occasions to make some montage or comparison. So we are going to show below how to merge two photos in Photoshop.
The truth is that many still do not dare to handle specific image editing tools due to their complexity and lack of experience, however, there are many others who every day dare to take their first steps with this merge photos in Photoshop task.
If we want to make certain complex effects or retouching, then it will be necessary to have a minimum experience with these types of applications. But merging two photos in Photoshop is something that we can do more efficiently.
To do this, we can use some of these complete tools, such as the famous Adobe Photoshop; however, it is a task that we can also do with other much simpler image editors or even through specific online tools.
How to Merge and Join Two Photos with Photoshop:
In Photoshop, joining two photos into one is a reasonably simple task; for this, the first thing we have to do is open the Adobe tool on our computer and create a new document.
Just at the moment before making it, we can indicate its dimensions. In this way, we can apply the dimensions we want to join the two photos.
With the canvas created, the next thing we are going to do is add both photographs, something that we can easily do if we go to the path where we have the files, select them, click on them and without releasing we drag them to our Photoshop canvas.
First, a photo will be added, which will appear chosen and which we can resize and move without complications to be able to place it in the part of the canvas that we want.
Once we apply the changes, we can do the same with the second photo.
It is essential to know that to resize an image without losing its proportions; we must stretch or shrink from one of the corners of the picture with the Shift key pressed.
Joining two photos in this way is quite simple; however, merge two photos in Photoshop is somewhat more complicated. For this, we must have specific knowledge.
How to merge two photos in Photoshop:
However, we are going to show the steps to follow for how to merge two photos in Photoshop.
All the steps for merging photos in Photoshop are given below
- First, you have to select two photos that you want to merge, but both images must be from the same focal length lens.
- Now you have to open the first and then drag the second photo on the top of the first photo, but if the main subject is different in both pictures, then you have to select the picture with the smaller subject.
- Now you have to choose the overlay option for the top image to see the second layer
- After this press, the Ctrl+T (Windows) or Cmd+T (Mac) to determine the move option, with the help of this option align the top image.
- When you are done with this then press the enter button of your keyboard, after this from the overlays you have to change the blend mode of the top layer from back to normal
- Now you have to add a mask to eliminate the unwanted parts, for this select the top layer and then click on the option from the layers panel named Add vector mask
- Click on the vector mask button to create the white mask.
- Now select the Brush tool, and you have to set it at 100% opacity and then select the black color for your Brush.
- Brush over those parts you want to remove, you should start from those parts which are far from the parts that you don’t want to remove
- When you close to those parts that you don’t want to remove then you have to minimize the size of the Brush and also lower the opacity.
- You have almost completed your work; first, you have to check that your mask is perfect and then merge the two layers
- For merging the two layers you have to press the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + E (Windows), or Cmd + Option + Shift + E (Mac) and then photoshop will automatically merge the layers and create a new layer with the merged photos.
- That’s it all done
I hope you understand about how to merge two photos in Photoshop, and with the help of these steps you can merge two photos in Photoshop.
Merge Two Images into one from the Mobile:
Merge two photos in Photoshop is not possible so we can do this some other tools.
Although the truth is that the online tools that we have just mentioned can be used from the mobile browser, the truth is that this type of task is more comfortable and straightforward if we do it from an app designed for smartphones.
In the Google environment, one of the apps best valued by the users themselves is Foto Collage Editor.
An application that in addition to allowing us to combine two images into one, offers a lot of options to create our collages.
It has a lot of designs, different photos, allows you to add text to the image and even includes a photo editor to make certain adjustments, apply filters, etc.
It also allows us to share our creations on social networks directly from the app.
In the Apple environment, one of the most popular apps to be able to combine images from our iPhone or iPad is PicCollage Grid & Photo Maker.
A free application with payments within the app itself that offers the possibility of making all kinds of collages with our photos, joining several into one, applying backgrounds, cutting them and adding elements, putting frames, using templates, etc.
Free online photo stitching tools:
But if what we are looking for is to merge two photos in a simple way without having to spend anything and without having to install anything on our computer.
We can use some of the online tools that allow us to join several photos into one from the browser itself and completely free of charge.
Photojoiner is a free site that offers us an online editor with which we can join two photos in a very simple way.
To do this, all we have to do is go to the Photojoiner website and click on the Create Collage or Join Photos button, which appears at the top of the page.
This will show us the interface of the tool in which we will find the different templates that we can use to distribute our photos.
In the case of wanting to join two photos into one, we will have the possibility of dividing the sheet vertically or horizontally.
To add our photos to Photojoiner, all we have to do is click on the OPEN option that is shown at the top of the canvas or on the ADD IMAGES button that appears in the upper right part of the interface.
We select the photo we want to add, and it will automatically appear just below the ADD IMAGES button. From there, we have to click on it, and without releasing, we drag it to the area of the canvas where we want to put it.
We repeat these same steps with the second photograph, and finally, we will have everything ready to save the resulting image or share it with whomever we want.
Fotojet is another online tool similar to Photojoiner since it allows us to join two or more photos in a single image forming a collage in several distributions.
Also, we can do all this from the browser itself and utterly free of charge. To start using Fotojet, all we have to do is go to the official website of the tool.
Once there, we select the collage design that allows us to join two photos into one and then, we will only have to add the two pictures to the panel.
To do this, we only have to click on the icon with the «+» symbol and then on the Add Photo option.
We have to choose the image of our hard disk, and it will automatically load in the area of the selected panel.
We repeat these same steps to add the other photo, and finally, we will have our collage with the two images joined into one.
Suppose we click on any of the photos that we have just added.
In that case, a small window will appear from which we can modify properties of the picture, such as its size, rotate the image or even apply various effects and change specific parameters.